Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring is coming to Idaho!!! Hooray!!!

Ok, It's been a long winter here in Idaho. I still have a good load of snow on my lawns especially the ones facing north and on my deck in the back. I can now see the stuff that was left on the deck and hidden under th snow. Shame on me for leaving stuff out there.
Anyway, I'm excited to get the duldrums of winter, the current economics, peoples portfolios in the negative, completely out of the way. I'm ready to have Faith. I think it was Neil A Maxwell that said that "Fear and Faith cannot exist in the same person at the same time". I really believe that and this time of our woes for many will go away like they always do. I have told my kids and friends who struggle that "I've been broke before, and it ain't so bad!" It really isn't for all that matter.
Anyway, along with that has also come much beauty and joy and fun times too. We have countless blessing that I think we take for granted. For us, some of the blessings include reasonable health, a comfortable home, kids that live close, grandkids that live close, parents that are doing well and coping with life in ever diligent ways, and also, twins that are coming to Davey and Stephie! We are so excited that they will be moving in with us for the month of April brefore they move to Boise where Dave will be going to school. Thats the only sad part is that they will be 4 hours away from us. Oh that really hurts Annette but, she's tough and I'm sure we'll be putting on miles to go see the little ones.










Anyway, here are some pics from the last month of Idaho winter fun and beauty:

6 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Really good stuff Ralph! This is a time to have faith! I love how pretty snow looks....but when it starts to melt it is messy (from what I remember! :) How exciting that you are going to have twins in the family. Kelly's first grandchildren were twins!

Beth said...

C'mon...you don't really have spring in Idaho...do you? Just kidding. Enjoyed your post.

Janet Hardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Hardy said...

That's why I live in Alabama! 71 degrees right now and we had our 1" of snow for the winter last weekend now it's time for Spring, ha ha.

Hild Family said...

We are excited for Spring as well. I can't wait until it's warm enough for the kids to play outside longer than 30 minutes! How exciting that you are getting twins in your family. Nicole is also expecting twins. She's due in July/Aug. Right now it looks like one boy and one girl.

Marissa said...

I miss those girls! It was so much fun to have Remi and Ellory up here a couple weekends ago! Can't wait to see you guys up here later on this year! I'm going to try to make it to Boise when Steph has her babies. It's still crazy to me that Dave is producing children!!!!